Wednesday, February 25, 2015

It's Alive! It's Alive!

Ooh, which I should do a Frankenstein's Monster one. Hm.

Anyway, the book is live! And will probably not sell worth a darn amongst the other erotica out there, but hey, I had a lot of fun with it, which was sort of the point. I got some practice writing too, and I have ideas flowing in the old brain pan again. All in all, so far I would call it a success. It would be even more of a success if people buy it, but... I think I've come to a compromise in my pricing conundrums. Like, ok, the standard for the erotica short industry seems to be $2.99. If I continue onward, I'll first promise to write as long as I can and try to hit at least 10,000 words per short, if not more. It's not a full length novel by any means, but at least it's not "3800 words of scintillating beaver erotica" or whatever, because yeah... yeah, authors put how many words are in the piece in the description. I wouldn't be proud of 3800 words myself. This first one--where I didn't know what I was doing--is over 8500. I don't know how many exactly anymore since I've made adjustments and additions to it, but it's definitely over 8500, which seems to be twice the length of most erotica shorts.

Secondly, as soon as I come out with my second story, I'm going to drop the first one down in price. I'll give that a try and see how it goes. Also, according to the guides I have read, you're supposed to bundle up like three of your stories into a bundle and put that on sale once you have three. I'm going to wait until I have five, then do the first five worlds, but once I hit ten, then I'll do the second five worlds, AND ALSO a Dirk 5 story pack AND a Debbie 5 story pack. In theory, I'll have fourteen published by only writing ten stories. But what I like the most about that is that if people are more interested in the dude, then they can just pick those up. If they are interested in the chick, they can pick those up. If they want the whole thing, then they can bundle it up and save money. I'm all for saving money!

Also, while I was writing this, some very kind soul (@LianahMorgan) retweeted my "It's live!" tweet... to 4500 followers. So, that's awesome! Maybe keeping up the blog and the tweeting won't be bad, plus it gives me an outlet to let out some of my thoughts which I really don't want family reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment