Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Milestone!

I would also like to post before I forget, that yesterday was a milestone for me... 30 days in a row with at least one sale or borrow... that's thirty days in a row making money, which is pretty awesome. Now, granted, I write some serious... weird stuff, sprinkled with some femdom, so I consider that pretty impressive since I'm not well known or anything! I'll also have made my goal of $200.00+ this month in gross sales. I've more than made up any money I put into this, and then some.

So after two months of writing erotica what have I found?


  1. It's a great way to write if you're not into editing. This is not saying NEVER to edit, but I tend to write very clean copy, if somewhat repetitive at times, and I hate editing. After a quick once over, I publish... and that's very freeing for me. I enjoy telling stories... I don't enjoy being an editor.
  2. It's not a bad way to make some extra cash if you've extra time. I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering though, not unless you're very lucky or very persistent.
  3. People will pay you for the weirdest shit. Shagging Tree, while not a huge seller, grabbed enough interest to make it worthwhile for me to write... and it's about a tree fucking a woman. 
  4. Erotica writers tend to fall into a couple of categories... they either genuinely enjoy writing, or they're just in it for the money. Those who fall into the first category tend to be pretty nice and try to help people out. Those in the second category don't seem to care as much for the story-telling process and just want to get it over and done with. This isn't to say they can't overlap, or those in the first category can't be dicks, but in general, that's what I've observed. 
  5. Writing so much in a little amount of time can be very tedious, even if you enjoy writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment