Friday, April 10, 2015

Update on Big Black Bodyguard Banged My Wife!

Haha, well, it turns out had I done my research into titles a bit more thoroughly this time... putting "Banged" in your title gets you Adult Filtered. That means that unless they follow a link, or turn on searching for adult fiction in Amazon, ain't no one gonna see the book.

I find that amusing. Jotham, my illustrator, suggested maybe turning it into "My Big Black Bodyguard AND My Wife" which would work, but I told him it was a one off and not that big of a deal. To this end, I decided to throw it into Barnes & Noble to see if anything sells there, since they are way.... WAY looser with things over there, yet it's not nearly as popular, nor do they have a lending program. I have a feeling if they develop one... Amazon might be in for a world of hurt, because Jesus Christ, there are some really horrific and smutty titles over there.

Anyway, we'll also keep BBBBMW in the Adult Filtered zone to keep it as a control. Will people find it? Will they follow the back matter to the book and buy it? Since I pulled it out of KDPSelect so I could put it ON B&N, there's no more lending for it... they'll have to buy it. It's all a grand experiment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment