Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Brief Haitus was Brief... and the Writing Forecast

Yes, I did take a hiatus. However, by the time I posted about the hiatus, I was almost done with it. Not that I knew it at the time!

Although I keep plugging away on this romance--which I keep trying to make more deep and meaningful rather than "just" a romance; goes to show you that even something that's supposed to be mostly light and fluffy can be deeper--I had the thought to write some short stories based in the Villainess world. I think I'll go through with that thought. Why? Well, I love short stories. If I push, I can get them out quickly and still keep producing longer books at the same time. Second, I think there's a lot that's left out of Caprice's point of view and it may be interesting to see some slice of life vignettes for the other characters in the series. Three, I got a great name for the series. And my illustrator gave me another one for another potential series.

I have to stop and wrap some stuff up though! I simply have to! To this end, I have a writing forecast for y'all which may or may not be completed in order.


  • The Razor's Edge -- It's actually already done, as those of you who read the Princess of Wands know. I think it's enough to stand on its own as a short slice-of-life story set in that world. 
  • The next Witches of Back End book. I have decided to cut this series at six books total, and no more. The next one is titled "Boned in the Dark". Have started working on it, and it won't take long to finish... so I would expect this one out in the first two weeks of September.
  • This romance which is taking me forever to finish. It might be a novella instead of a novel. It's sitting at around 20K right now, and it's for another pen, but it is taking time away from the Alana pen name, so I thought it was worth mentioning.
  • An as-of-yet untitled one for this side Villainess series which centers around the Nacht Sirene, Rebekah. She's got a fun voice and it'll go fast one I concentrate on it.
  • The Knight of Disks. I've already gotten many thousand words into this. I have other projects I want to finish first, though, so it's been sort of a back burner. 
  • Silver for Souls, Delilah Devilshot #4. This one has been bugging me to start it and I keep telling it, "I just finished a Delilah book, fuck off for a month or so." But it's not fucking off. Since I have the cover for it already, when it's done, it'll be published. I am trying not to start it, but the story keeps telling itself to me.
  • Although I have like ten covers for Rock Hardin's series, I'm not sure if I can write ten of his books. However, the next one, Operation: Hot Flow, has a plot and I'll be starting on that soon.
  • For Halloween, I'm going to be doing a compilation of several different "monster" stories into a Halloween collection. I had planned on doing that last year, but didn't get around to it. It'll be a compilation of different series to give readers a taste of the different worlds I've made. This is why I want to get The Razor's Edge out (and soon!) since it'll be a good addition if I should decide to add it. I won't do compilations like this often since I would much rather put out NEW stuff, but oftentimes bundle buyers and single story buyers are different and I would very much like to reach out to people with different series that AREN'T bundled yet and try to capture their attention. 
So that's a lot on my plate. If I do a bundle for the Unusual Suspects, I think it'll probably be in a bundle of five or something. Not sure yet. I can see a LOT of stories coming from that though. First person is generally easy for me to write in since it doesn't have to be grammatically perfect all the time. 

Another thing I was thinking was doing a hard(er) core mind control series for Smashwords exclusively. Wonder how that would go over?



No comments:

Post a Comment