Thursday, November 17, 2016

National Novel Writing Month Comes Again!

That time of the year has come again... National Novel Writing Month! I usually participate in this every year. Last year, I wrote The Prince of Cups during it. More accurately, I finished Prince during this month and started editing it. This year, The Knight of Disks, which is Villainess #4. It's going along pretty smoothly, even though I'm taking the weekends off from writing. I write more than enough during the week to keep up. I know I should write every day, but I have life things too, and people I want to spend time with.

I think this is a good challenge for people who always wanted to take that step and write a novel, but never had motivation to do it. It's a challenge to write 50,000 words in a month, 30 days, and it's definitely doable! Almost every year I've participated (and there's been many), I've won. Even if you don't make the entire 50K, you still end up writing and learning a lot!

Writers, of course, have to spend much of their time writing. The other half is marketing. Since it's coming into the Christmas season, I'm going to do a Cyber Monday sale again in a couple weeks. All of my books which are in KU will be 99 cents for that day only. I have yet to get Jotham to make a graphic for it, but I will. I've just been a touch lazy. I need to get automated Twitter tweets or whatever set up, but I just loathe being all... automated. I know that you need to throw your name out there a lot in order to get some notice, but I don't know... I'm really reluctant to do that. I did start up the Amazon advertisement again, as I did make a couple sales from it and I think it works to help get The Queen of Swords out there, and people noticing it. I'm looking into Facebook ads, but I've only so much time in the day. If I don't want to drive myself crazy, I can only do so much. Thankfully, I can do a fair bit of this stuff at my day job.

Bryce & I were working on a collaboration, and that's fallen a bit by the wayside. If I finish Knight before I finish the 30 days of Nano, I may work on that again, or on the next Rock Hardin book (for that will be the next one I write after Knight). I really loved the idea, and I think it could be something unique in the erotica offerings out there.

For now, I need to get back to writing! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment