Friday, March 31, 2017

Writing Forecast and Random Thoughts

It occurred to me as I sent out my mailing list that I totally forgot to add my writing forecast. I usually do that, and I'm not going to spam just to send that out, so I'll put it here.

First and foremost, there's a anthology being putting together by Yolanda Olson called "Twist Me" (which, I'm not really fond of the name, but whatever) which is going to be "dark", pretty much whatever flavor we want. I think dark romance? Not sure. Anyway. All proceeds of that is going to the ASPCA so I'm writing a story that's been bouncing around in my head for a while for that. I'll let y'all know when it goes on sale.

After that, I am going to be switching to Villainess for a minute to write the third in the Unusual Suspects series centering around Adira. Then, I should be writing two shorts for the Janus Key Chronicles, and then finally to Villainess #5: The Queen of Disks. I've actually already got a start on the Queen of Disks, writing stuff as it occurs to me. I have to stop myself from making each book longer and longer. They just keep growing! Things keep happening!

Villainess, for those who don't know, is going to be a set series of 16 books, 4 sets of 4. The first four are done, and they were basically the "introductory" four, setting the scene, the characters, the theme and mood, and pretty much everything. From here on out, I'm going to start messing with that. The second four will definitely be more transformative than before, both for Caprice and a lot of secondary characters.

We'll see where the story takes us, but I already have a pretty good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment