Friday, June 26, 2015

Arrrgh! Here be Pirates!

LOL. Ok, so emboldened by running into that review on accident (gonna be on Cloud Nine for days and days), I did an active search for my stuff... and it's out there. On pirate sites. XD

Now, I know I've really made it.

No, seriously! That means that someone either borrowed or bought it, liked it so much or had requests for it that they put whatever books up on a pirate site. I ... ooh, I should check Pirate Bay! ... DAMN. Not on Pirate Bay. Oh well. But still!

What should I do about it? Fuck it. Nothing. Why? People who go there pretty much aren't gonna buy 'em anyway. Second, I would spend all my fucking time ever sending emails and getting snippy with people demanding to take them down, and hey, it's free advertising. Honestly, I'm just happy someone reads the shit I write. I don't have the time or energy to chase down freebies. I took DRM OFF my books for that very reason. They're gonna pirate 'em anyway, and spread my name out there and give me free reads. Shit, I give out half my books for free anyway from time to time, so what the fuck do I care?

Now, if I saw someone saying it was THEIRS, I would go into holy shitfit mode. That's MY FUCKING WORDS, bishes! However, I see my name credited properly on all the pirate stuff, so I'm chill with it. I hope they get a few good ones off! Oooh, maybe... maybe.... I should write about cyber pirates. Hrm...

1 comment:

  1. As Cory Doctorow said, the greatest threat to artists isn't piracy, it's obscurity.

    ReplyDelete